Calling a doctor home is very beneficial for patients with minimal mobility or when reaching a doctor in a hospital is impossible. A mobile doctor is someone who is just one call away from visiting you and helping you out with your illness.
You can avail doctor visits for:
- Early identification of diseases and administration of medication
- If the patient is suffering from a cold, cough, and other common medical conditions, the stress of visiting a hospital might be too much. Calling a doctor is much more comfortable and allows you to recover better.
Who will benefit from Mobile Doctors:
- Patients suffering from diseases like cancer, diabetes, and hypertension shouldn’t be put through much exertion as it may worsen their condition. The watchful eye of an experienced doctor at home might be the best treatment for them.
- Patients suffering from seasonal flu and other acute diseases will find it much easier to call a doctor home than go to the hospital for minor inconveniences.
- Elderly and bed-bound patients will find a trip to the hospital too tiresome and find house doctors more convenient.
- It saves time and, in a world where a virus is running rampant, avoiding the hospital might be smart. Calling a doctor is a safer move with lesser physical contact than visiting a doctor in the hospital.
- You get quality medical care in the comfort of your home. You will feel calm and not feel out of place while being examined.
- A doctor visiting your home will give more attention to your problem as they don’t have a line of patients waiting for them. The doctor will tend to be more empathetic in a one on one meeting.
- As the doctors are on call 24*7, you don’t have to worry about not finding one when you need them.
What to expect
- The chief purpose is to provide primary diagnostics and when needed, tests that will be used to diagnose the nature of your disease and find a cure for it. The doctors will look after your complete well being and will address all your queries.
How to prepare for at-home services-
- For the doctor to treat you correctly, you need to brief them about any medical history you might have or about any ongoing treatments. Medical records for the same need should be submitted so that you can avail the best treatment for your illness.
- When the doctor is visiting, always have a family member with you. You may have questions that you can relay through that person, or they may answer some of the doctor’s doubts if you are unable to. It’s always recommended for at least one person to know about your condition so that they can help you when you need it.
- All prescriptions and medical records should be accessible. Time is of the essence, and your doctor will appreciate it if you respect their time and let them do their job with ease.
- If your doctor plans to take a comprehensive diagnosis, wear loose or comfortable clothing so that the examination is completed without any problem.